Site is closed for Maintenance
This site offers general information. It is not intended to provide expert or professional advice - for that you should consult a professional trained in the area/issues which are impacting on your life. I hope you find the articles and resources on this site of some benefit - feedback would be appreciated.
Disclaimer and Copyright Notice
Confidentiality, Privacy & Conduct
Site Photos and Graphics
[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="160" caption="Flickr jason_weemin"][/caption]
Professionally my interests are two fold. Firstly, as a practicing counsellor/social worker I work to support clients through information, counselling, emotional and practical support to address social and emotional issues which surround their work and life matters.
Secondly I am interested in how the Internet is and can be used as mechanism for social work.
My employment as a social worker has involved working individuals and groups in concerning - depression, careers, work matters, anxiety, domestic violence (family abuse), relationship difficulties, anger, conflict, motivation, grief & loss, sexuality and self esteem/personal identity.
My career has afforded me the opportunity to work with persons of differing backgrounds, across various industrial settings and from all stratus of society. I have a strong commitment to valuing diversity. I've been involvement in the human services sector for over 20 years with various government, private and community based organisations.
The approaches or methods used in my work are solution focused, strengths based, narrative therapy and adult learning. When working with clients I combine adult learning principles, coaching and counselling techniques.
Qualifications, I hold-
- Bachelor of Social Work (Charles Sturt University)
- Bachelor of Business Studies (Charles Sturt University)
- Graduate Certificate in Adult Career Development (University of Wollongong)
- Graduate Diploma of Counselling (Australian College of Applied Psychology)
- Graduate Diploma of Vocational Education & Training (Charles Sturt University)
- Master of Education (University of Southern Queensland)
- Master of Human Service (Charles Sturt University)
- Course in Responding to Domestic and Family Violence (30629Qld)
Please note - at this time I am not able to accept private clients.
craig [at] WorkLife-Matters [dot] com
This site does not receive funds from advertising or thid parites.